USA

Trump says he ‘aced’ recent cognitive test, suggests Biden take it too

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Thursday said he “aced” a recent cognitive test given to him by his doctors and challenged opponent Joe Biden to undergo similar testing as the two septuagenarians duel over who has better mental stamina for the Oval Office.

In a phone interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity on Thursday evening, Trump described undergoing “a very standard test” at the Walter Reed Medical Center and said his doctors were “very surprised” by how well he performed.

“He hasn’t taken any cognitive test because he wouldn’t pass one,” the president told Hannity after the Fox News host asked if he believed Biden had the “mental alertness” to be president.

“I actually took one when I was, very recently, when I was, when I was, you know — the radical left was saying, ‘Is he all there? Is he all there?'”

“I proved I was all there because I aced it. I aced the test and he should take the same exact test. A very standard test, I took it at Walter Reed, a medical center in front of doctors, and they were very surprised,” he continued.

“They said, ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did.’ But he should take that same test.”

Details of the Walter Reed examination are unknown but it is possible they were part of the president’s annual physical examination which are performed at the hospital each year.

The results of his most recent physical were released last month and showed 74-year-old Trump to be in good health for his age.

President Trump scored 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment administered by White House physician Ronny Jackson in January, 2018.

Trump said he looked forward to debating Biden but accused his Democratic opponent of trying to get out of them.

“It looks like he wants to try to get out of the debates,” he told Hannity.

At an event in Delaware last month, a reporter asked Biden, 77, if he had been tested for cognitive decline given his advanced age, to which he said he was “constantly tested.”

“All you gotta do is watch me and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against,” he said.

Football news:

Sancho has agreed a 5-year contract with Manchester United. The clubs are at an advanced stage of negotiations
Willian is in talks with Arsenal. He refused to sign a 2-year contract with Chelsea
Antonio Conte, Denying what was asked of the players See about the future of Surrey. I have a contract with Inter for 3 years
Lampard wants Chelsea to buy Chilwell, a new goalkeeper and at least one Central defender
Barcelona wants to increase Fati's compensation to 400 million euros
Inter agreed with Manchester United to transfer Sanchez for 15 million euros. It will be announced after the match with Getafe
Alisson: Klopp is a passionate guy, he wants to win and make Liverpool even greater