USA

Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich separate after nearly 3 years of marriage

After much speculation surrounding the state of their marriage, Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich have confirmed they are separating.

On Friday, the stars — who tied the knot almost three years ago — released a joint statement to People announcing their split, which comes after they raised eyebrows by saying they were quarantining in different states.

“We have lovingly and carefully taken the time we have needed to arrive at our decision to separate,” Hough and Laich said in their statement. “We share an abundance of love and respect for one another and will continue to lead with our hearts from that place. We kindly request your compassion and respect for our privacy moving forward.”

Hough’s relationship status with the former NHL player had been something of a question mark in recent months, as the pair said they were quarantining separately and — before that — frequently shared cryptic messages on social media.

Laich, 36, previously said he was self-isolating with his dog in Idaho, while the “Dancing With the Stars” personality, 31, was in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile in December, Laich spoke about a “new stage of life calling,” not long after Hough was seen in an Instagram post not wearing her wedding ring.

Then in January, Hough shared a message about the nature of long-term relationships, posting a message from Heidi Priebe to her Instagram story. “To love someone long-term is to attend a thousand funerals for the people they used to be,” the post read, according to E! News.

Prior to her split from Laich, Hough spoke candidly about her sexuality, revealing in the September 2019 issue of Women’s Health that she’s “not straight.”

“I [told him], ‘You know I’m not straight, right?’ And he was like, ‘I’m sorry, what?’ I was like, ‘I’m not. But I choose to be with you,’” she told the publication.

Hough and Laich announced their engagement in 2015 before tying the knot two years later.

Football news:

Pep Pro 0:1 with Southampton: city liked the Game, but it's not enough to win
Mandzukic is Interesting to Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. It is also claimed by Loco and Milan
Messi wants to finish his career at Barca. Bartomeu believes that Leo will not leave in a year
Gasperini about Atalanta: we Want to reach the Champions League and break the club's record for points in Serie A
Hames can leave Real Madrid for the Premier League for 25 million euros. A year ago, Atletico and Napoli offered 45-50 million euros for him. Real Madrid Midfielder Hames Rodriguez is likely to change clubs at the end of the season
Gattuso on Napoli: We must develop a winning mentality
Avangard congratulated Zenit with the title: it's Time to match and take the Gagarin Cup