Prince Andrew must really be sweating now.
Investigators who busted accused Jeffrey Epstein procuress Ghislaine Maxwell still want to talk to Prince Andrew, they confirmed Thursday — as it emerged some of the sex crimes his socialite pal is accused of happened in London.
New York’s acting US Attorney, Audrey Strauss, refused to discuss the UK royal’s “status” as part of the ongoing investigation into pedophile Epstein’s known associates.
“We would welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk with us. We would like to have the benefit of his statement,” Strauss said at a press briefing Thursday.
“Our doors remain open and we would welcome him coming in and giving us an opportunity to hear his statement,” she said.
Prosecutors previously accused Andrew of refusing to talk to them, sparking a war of words as he insisted they were using him in a publicity stunt.
Key Epstein accuser Virginia Robert Giuffre has long alleged that the prince had sex with her three times at Epstein’s behest, starting when she was 17 in 2001 in Maxwell’s London townhouse.
“Prince Andrew should be very concerned. I’m sure he will not be setting foot in the US,” said Lisa Bloom, who reps six Epstein victims, as well as a woman who says she saw Andrew dancing with Giuffre in London in 2001.
Andrew has denied Giuffre’s account, including once claiming he couldn’t have sweat all over her as she alleged because he has an injury that prevents him from perspiring.
Maxwell’s alleged crimes include some in London, Strauss confirmed, although the charges relate to events before Giuffre’s 2001 accusations.
Andrew was dumped from royal duties for his doomed attempts to distance himself from the scandal in a TV interview. He has always vehemently denied the allegations.
His legal team on Thursday told CNN they “will not be commenting” on the arrest of his longtime friend Maxwell.